Blood Pressure Devices
Blood pressure devices are used to monitor pressure readings and instrumental in the diagnosis of many medical conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and cardiac events. Regular monitoring is necessary for doctors to make key decisions in condition treatment courses, including medication dosage adjustment or a complete medication change.
When shopping for a blood pressure device, the American Heart Association provides the following tips to make sure that the monitor is appropriate for the intended subject.
- Choose a validated monitor that has been tested and approved by the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation.
- A monitor should for suitable for your special needs, including indications of testing validation specific to the elderly, pregnant women, and/or children.
- Lastly, be sure the cuff is the appropriate size. Measure the around the arm or wrist where the cuff will be placed to be sure it will fit correctly for accurate pressure results.
USA Medical and Surgical Supplies offers some of the top rated devices available on the market from ADC, Schiller, and Welch Allyn, with a complete selection of at-home and professional units to choose from. Current monitoring equipment ranges from aneroid manual monitors to fully automatic digital monitors. There are pros and cons to each type of device that need to be carefully considered when deciding on which unit best suits the purchase.
- Aneroid monitors, like the ADC Advantage 6005 Manual Home Pressure Kit and the ADC Diagnostix 750W Wall Aneroid Sphyg, consist of an arm cuff attached to a gauge. The cuff is inflated by hand using a rubber blub. Pressure is recorded by a combination of listening through a stethoscope and the readings on the gauge. If you are looking for a convenient combo pack of a pocket aneroid and clinician scope, we have those as well in a variety of combinations and colors. Aneroid monitors are extremely light weight and therefore easily portable. Aneroid monitors can be complicated if the user is not properly instructed on operational steps.
- Automatic monitors, like the ultra-portable Welch Allyn Connex ProBP 3400 the precise and scientific Schiller BP-200 Plus that uses Schiller’s proprietary SCHILLER K-Sound Analysis (SKA), and the ADC Adview 2 Diagnostic Station that can be configured many ways to include temperature, SpO2, and wireless connectivity, provide easy to read results, automatic inflation of the cuff, and most have an error indicator that alarms when there is an issue with the monitoring process. Automatic monitors are ideal for hearing impaired patients who could not otherwise monitor with an aneroid device. Although automatic devices are uncomplicated, some models are not idyllic if the user requires a portable device.
To ensure an accurate reading for larger patients, we have the ADC Diagnostix 720 Bariatric Pocket Aneroid Sphyg, the first bariatric pocket aneroid sphygmomanometer.
Our team at USA Medical and Surgical Supplies has decades of experience with medical supplies and equipment. Please contact us if you have any questions about the right equipment, supplies for you or your organization. Our goal is to provide top quality medical supplies and equipment at low prices. We run an efficient and streamlined operation to provide high quality, brand name products at low prices. We provide free shipping on orders over $199, excluding oversize and heavy freight items. Thank you for visiting our medical and surgical supply store.