3M DuraPrep Surgical Solution Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation
3M DuraPrep Surgical Prepping Solution gives you effective antimicrobial kill in a single, painted coat, along with significantly greater drape adhesion when compared to ChloraPrep® Antiseptic*. 3M DuraPrep Surgical Prepping Solution, is not povidone iodine and is not represented in any clinical study that references PVP-I. 3M DuraPrep Surgical Prepping Solution keeps resident bacterial counts low for at least 48 hours after blood and saline challenge, and at least 12 hours against transient bacteria. Don't let the applicators fool your surgical team. Only one surgical patient prep is NDA approved by the FDA to be applied in a single, painted, coat with no scrubbing: 3M DuraPrep Surgical Prepping Solution.
- DuraPrep is clinically proven and cost effective, this patient skin prepping solution meets AORN and CDC guidelines for the reduction of surgical site infections
- Designed to be applied in a single, painted coat- 2 log reduction - abdomen at 10 minutes- 3 log reduction - groin at 10 minutes- Both sites maintain counts below baseline out to 6 hours
- Dries to a water-insoluble film that immobilizes bacteria not killed, reducing the risk of microbial migration to the surgical incision, even when an incise drape isn't used
- Has substantial clinical documentation including data in simulated surgical conditions- 5 human safety studies- 9 in vitro studies- 8 in vitro studies- 8 clinical in-use studies
- Available in a 6 mL Applicator and 26 mL Applicator
- Iodine Povacrylex (0.7% available iodine) and Isopropyl Alcohol, 74% w/w
- Manufacturer: 3M Health Care
*3M Health Care has research to support the product claims. Contact 3M for more details.